Last night as I lie in bed attempting to mentally prepare for the day ahead I couldn't go to sleeep. For some reason I just kept thinking that I have got to become more knowledgable about God's word. I have witnessed the power of quoting the Word first hand. I am ashamed to say that as a Christian for almost twenty years now I still don't know near enough about the Bible.
So this feeling kept coming over me that I needed to read God's Word before I would be able to get to sleep. Mike was already sleeping and it was cold were the reasons Satan kept giving me not go get out of bed to read it. Being somewhat determined to read, I decided to try something new. I got my cell off the nightstand and googled online devotionals. This way I rationalized that I could read God's word without getting out of bed. Selfish in some ways, but at least I was reading the word. I found bible.com which proved to be a great way to read. There are several ways to use the site and I looked at it for more than an hour reading God's word on my cell phone. (Technology is great!)
What I got out of my first bible.com reading focused on Proverbs. This book in its entirety is one of the most amazing books of the Bible to me. There is so much wisdom in that book. God spoke to me more about wisdom through reading through various chapters in Proverbs. I need to truly seek the wisdom of God to find what His purpose is for my life. I want to really make a difference and do what God wants; however, without knowing His Word and being able to pray on it I am never going to be successful in finding His purpose.
So my belated new year's goal is to really spend time each day in God's word, praying, meditating, and memorizing. Throughout my life I have had quite times and read the Bible, sometimes more diligently than others, but I want this to be my main goal everyday. I want to be able to quote God's word in my own situations for peace, wisdom, and any other reason He may give me. I really want to memorize, which is difficult for me. I know with God's help I can do it.
Thats all for tonite!
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment