Friday, February 27, 2009

The Love Dare

Well, about two weeks ago Mike and I watched Fireproof. I cried, he watched. We both agreed though that it was amazing how much the Lord will do for you when you call on Him. Our marriage isn't in any type of trouble. It could definately be better and stronger, so I decided we needed to do the Love Dare. I figured that I would have to talk him into it; however, he shocked me. I mentioned it and he totally agreed...no begging or convincing required on my part.

We have completed the first eight days, only skipping one day because I was at home sick with strep throat and basically slept for twenty four hours. I can only speak for myself, but in eight days I have learned things already that I really didn't know. The most important thing I learned is that my husband has the potential to be a great man of God. When we actually started talking and reading together, it opened up communication into topics that we haven't truly discussed before. He finally sees my opinion on how vital it is that we find a church home now as soon as possible. So that is something we definitely need and are going to start working on.

I have also learned something about myself. I get frustrated or mad at him when I feel he is taking me for granted, but at the same time he can feel the same way with me. I have a tendency to see things through my own rose colored glasses and sometimes forget to look clearly at situations, especially when I feel that I have been wronged.

Nothing drastic or magical has happened so far except that we both are committed to completing the Love Dare successfully. I feel like it probably will get harder and there will be days that will be difficult, but I am excited about what God is going to do to us as individuals and a couple through this experience.

More to come........

No comments:

Post a Comment